Go Back OFN Forums > Marketplace > Vendor Marketplace > Product Vendors

Product Vendors Products available from our Product Vendors.

Product Vendors Products available from our Product Vendors.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:53 PM
OFN Business Vendor

4.5" Flap Discs

Guys - started this special yesterday and had good reviews on it so far. Check out the info below and let me know what you think.

4.5" Zirconia flap discs w/ free shipping, min quantity 3pieces.

We sell them in bulk to structural steel, marine, and industrial fabricators so they are tried and tested. These things usually run in the $3.50 to $5.00 range.

http://www.roarksupply.com/4-1-2-Zir...2flapdiscs.htm

Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Fabricator

How long is this good for? Can I order some Monday at this price?
Old 01-09-2011, 01:05 AM
OFN Business Vendor

Thats a tuffy but I will make it work for you and here is why...I will shut it down monday morning cause our outside reps will get ticked off at me if they see the price that low...

Or if you go to the site and login let me know your username cause I can set certain products at lower prices for members that the public cant see...

Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Fabricator

I'll try to get it done tomorrow and save you any hassle. I just bought one of these at NAPA for five bucks.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:14 AM
OFN Business Vendor

Was it zirconia (blue)?
Old 01-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Fabricator

No, just a flap style disc.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:20 AM
OFN Business Vendor

Most of them are brown in color, A/O. the stuff we have is more aggressive longer life material.

How many do you need? Grits?
Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Fabricator

It is brown. I'll order three to try them out. I would like two in a fine grit and one that is more aggressive. Where are these manufactured?
Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 AM
OFN Business Vendor

Order three of the 80 grit and put a note on there to substitute one for a 40 grit and we will make it happen...

Not gonna lie to you, they are imports. China or Malaysia but its all the same to me. Funny you asked cause I looked for a USA and they are rare, 8-12 bucks each. But some guys require them for titanium.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Fabricator

You can get made in USA discs from Enco.Usaully on sale for $2.99 to $3.99.Have been using them for years with absolutly no problems.Sorry abrasive trader but the prices on your website for tools are way out of line.I could name a handful of well known tool websites that will beat your prices by 20% to 40% some with free shipping.

Last edited by XJ OFFROADER; 01-09-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ OFFROADER View Post
You can get made in USA discs from Enco.Usaully on sale for $2.99 to $3.99.Have been using them for years with absolutly no problems.
I agree. I've been buying Enco abrasives for about 25 years. I buy the flap wheels 20 at a time, and the cutting wheels (4" x .035" x 3/8 hole) 150 at a time ($0.89/ea.).

Other companies may have better products, but are not worth it to me, for the difference in price. For example, I buy a flap wheel for $2.99. I COULD buy another brand of slightly higher quality for $5.99. The $5.99 wheel is double the price of the $2.99 wheel, but doesn't give me double the grinding out of it.

Rich
Old 01-09-2011, 12:39 PM
OFN Business Vendor

I hear ya XJ offroader. And your free to do what you want but be careful, the USA term gets used very, very loosely. Your comments seem to be way out of line cause I didn't see a disc on there for less than $5.00, surely not Made in USA. Back it up with some facts before you try to slam.

In fact, just had a sale on my 4" x .040" x 3/8" for $0.99/ea, any quantity, and they will cut stainless steel --- guaranteed.

Bottom line is, guys can pick up the phone/email and ask me what works and I know, cause its what I do. A lot of guys have been scammed and don't mind paying a few cents more for some consistency in their products. Most companies can't do anything for you without a part number.

Thanks
Tom
Old 01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Junior Fabricator

Enco Made in the USA $2.95
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=TL327-9344

I guess you needed a part #
Old 01-09-2011, 03:07 PM
OFN Business Vendor

Man you guys are hardcore:) CGW's are good too but I am in the ballpark especially with free shipping. You do have to login to see shipping costs on there and we'll let you do that without making you enter your contact info.

I hope they aren't label slapping those. Meaning making the label in the USA and putting it on an imported disc. Happens more than you can imagine with some big so-called manufacturers. Is it illegal, no. Un-ethical, depends who you ask....

If you can, let me know about the 4" x 3/8" arbor cut offs cause I entered the list prices on the abrasives to start out which is like what you would pay in a store. I am working my way through the site to be competitive on the web so your feed back is appreciated, seriously. Do the ones you guys get have metal arbors in them, rpm ratings?

Thanks
Tom
Old 01-09-2011, 03:36 PM
Junior Fabricator

Not hardcore, just trying to be an informed consumer. :) Enco also has free shipping on orders over $25 right now.

It's difficult to compare many abrasives online since the quality and price vary so much.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:51 PM
OFN Business Vendor

Yeah, $25 seems to be the threshold to start giving free shipping. Those guys have been around for a while so its always good to compare cause we have been doing it about three years and still working out the kinks and pitfalls of selling on-line.

We try to pick a good quality, even though its not the lowest, our complaint dept isn't very busy and thats what you need to get repeat customers these days...

Any other feedback is appreciated..

Tom
Old 01-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Master Fabricator

Norton AVOS speed lok

Can you get 'em? Price?
Old 01-09-2011, 05:05 PM
OFN Business Vendor

Midland MI!?!?! I am from the NAW, township that is.

I can get them but don't have my giant book in front of me. Give me a few and I'll do some checking. I don't recognize the trade name, what are they?
Old 01-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Fabricator

i buy from here:http://www.lehighvalleyabrasives.com/servlet/StoreFront

1.79 ea! and i am very happy with them and the price fast shipping.

they dont have the cut off wheels i use (4"x.035x3/8) so i have bought them from enco or the welding store i really like the Norton cut off wheels that airgas sells the walter one are really good too.

Last edited by mfs; 01-09-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
OFN Business Vendor

Racin Jason - they start with 4.5",A/O, 24grit, holes/no holes and go up to 7" Zircs respectively. About 20 items total. Do you have a size so I can check exact availability/price. Did some google-ing and can probly match/beat price.

Will PM you if your getting your flaps there cause it looks like ours have more paper per inch, when you expand the pics you can tell. I have a couple good customers testing against those as we speak and after a couple days mine were running longer but we'll see.