Go Back OFN Forums > Marketplace > Help Wanted

Help Wanted fab shops looking for employees

Help Wanted fab shops looking for employees

Old 02-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Junior Fabricator

fab shop help wanted

Off road fab shop looking for help-- part time or full time--pay DOE. contact 4Wheelers Supply 602 273 7195 or rob@4wheelers.com
Old 02-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Fabricator

Not to be rude,but if you can't even place a decent add why would i be interested in working for you?
You do not give a location,type of work you do,what kind of experience someone would need,etc.
Good luck,
Z
Old 02-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Site Admin

Zee does have a pretty good point.

To save the rest of us some time....

Area code 602 is: Phoenix, Arizona
http://www.BendTechDragon.com

Cris Merry
Phone: 651-257-8715
Cris@bend-tech.com

Old 02-05-2007, 11:12 PM
OFN Member

They got a website......http://www.4wheelers.com/ Looks pretty good what they do.....

Oh wow, they did the Rancho twin buggy build I saw in one othe magazines.......excellent work

Chopworx.com
Old 02-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Junior Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Not to be rude,but if you can't even place a decent add why would i be interested in working for you?
You do not give a location,type of work you do,what kind of experience someone would need,etc.
Good luck,
Z
Sorry zee, for the lack of info in the "add"...I assumed people would just check out the website-www.4wheelers.com- we are an off road fabrication shop- we build everything from simple cages, complete rockcrawling buggies, project vehicles, bumpers, suspension, etc...We are located in central Phoenix, Arizona. No experience necessary-positions open from entry level to experienced fabricator
Old 02-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Fabricator

I checked out your site,nice work.
I do believe i have seen some of it in a magazine or two.
And to the spelling mistake "add" i must be suffereing from ADD
Do you folks compete in WE Rocks?
If so,i have probably seen you in Goldendale.
Z
Old 02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Junior Fabricator

thanks. I used to compete in werock, but have taken this last year off, been doing a few rockraces and trail rides instead. I was in Goldendale 2 years ago competing...small world. We've been so busy that most of the stuff on the site is a few years old.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Junior Fabricator

Hey Rob, good to see you guys on here.

FYI- 4Wheelers supply has turned out some great fabricators over the years. If you live the PHX area and are looking to get started, this would be a good opportunity.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Good luck,
Z
It looks as if Rob isn't the best job opening poster. Anyway, they are in fact in Phoenix as others have posted and this would be a great opportunity for anyone in the area as Rob is known amongst his peers in Arizona to be among the very best fabricators in AZ. On the trails in AZ you can point at something and say, "Rob did that for me", and most will immediately know who you're talking about. In fact I do all my own work because when I first got into wheeling everytime I would try to have something done at 4 Wheelers Rob was like 6 months out on projects because everyone brings their junk to him. So eventually I said, screw it, I'll enroll in some welding classes and learn to burn metal myself.

Mike
Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Junior Fabricator

maybe?

i put out an ad for this summer to maybe work in cali simply because i can get free room and board there for the summer. but would maybe go to phx if the job was right...liek in the ad looking at mid may till end of july..ive built one truck already and do fab etc but learn fast
Old 01-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Master Fabricator

Would we be working for new Rob or old Rob?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Junior Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCRAWLER417 View Post
Would we be working for new Rob or old Rob?
yes
Old 01-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Master Fabricator

Rob, met you in colorado at the XRRA finals, Im with Jeff Mello/Rage 4th. He told me your story about looking for the keys in the river with a metal detector and then realizing you were wearing steel toes. Id love to work for ya but I dont do well in the heat.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:06 PM
Master Fabricator

They definitely do some cool stuff. I live about an hour drive from there. They have or can get just about anything.
I have mulled over the idea of asking for a job there just for the experience, but im not sure if i could handle the drive.
Plus i just got a new job after 10 years at my old one.It pays good has good benefits and its a 5 min drive from home.
Someone with more options could get a great start there.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Junior Fabricator

Man , wish I could pick up and move to AZ, I'de come to work for ya, I love this shit
Old 02-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Junior Fabricator

WOW!! I would have to agree with Salt-Man. Wish i was also in AZ,what a great oppertunity for someone to get their foot in the door and learn....i would give my left nut (or right) to have that chance. Ok well this here is my first post..Hi all,GREAT site you have here i'm really enjoying the wealth of knowledge everyone has and love following the projects,my name's Marc nice to meet everyone. If there is anyone willing to give a hard working individual with a serious desire to learn the trade the same chance in South Fl hit me up.

See ya around the boards,

Marc
Old 03-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Junior Fabricator

bags are packed

I live in NY and have been building my own rigs since i was 13 a little suzuki samuri used old FSC parts to lift it very foo-bar but ive progressed in ten years haha. I'm now 23 and would be 100% willing to relocate to AR if I could have a chance working in a real fab shop. Here in NY you dont see many off-road shops none the less a full on metal fab shop that produces the quality i see on your site. I have many years mig welding exp. and im learning to crawl on the tig machines i get to play with from time to time and the expensive courses Ive taken over the years. Ive also been getting tube bending lessons for the past few months as Ive been saving for my own bender and wanna be ready once it gets here. I'm also very handy with sheetmetal fab work.Ive been stuck in collision shops and mechanical shops thinking one day ill own my own fab shop but all the tools are just overwhelmingly expensive. SAVE ME PLEASE and get me out of this ice cube of a state, i hate not being able to drive my Jeep 6 months out of the year oh and btw when i get there the are on me
Old 03-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Master Fabricator

Rob, good to see you and the giant buggy flying in Moab saturday.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Junior Fabricator

It has been over a year since the first post and I am still looking for FAB SHOP help, entry level to experienced, part time or full time. Off road fabwork only.

Must be willing to put up with slightly insane foreman who likes employees to work hard, get to work on time, do a good job, then play hard afterwards.

602 273 7195
Old 03-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Master Fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rube bonet View Post
It has been over a year since the first post and I am still looking for FAB SHOP help, entry level to experienced, part time or full time. Off road fabwork only.

Must be willing to put up with slightly insane foreman who likes employees to work hard, get to work on time, do a good job, then play hard afterwards.

602 273 7195

How much do you guys pay for full time experienced people
I may just get a divorce and come out to Arizona....
Later,Brian

Last edited by Mopars 4 Life; 03-28-2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: grammmmmerr..