Go Back OFN Forums > Shop and Tool Talk > In The Shop

In The Shop Shop talk, shop tools & fixtures, shop wear, anything for the shop that is not covered in another forum.


In The Shop Shop talk, shop tools & fixtures, shop wear, anything for the shop that is not covered in another forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 09-23-2018, 08:47 PM
R.DesJardin's Avatar
R.DesJardin R.DesJardin is offline
Designer & Builder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
The problem with a sight unseen Gantry Crane is they sometimes exceed your expectations... Great piece of equipment & 4 now just too big... Dagnubit!
Pics?, show us the unit.
__________________
Need, Design, Build, Use, repeat........
http://www.radesignsproducts.com/
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-24-2018, 12:14 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 910-Miles from the armpit of the west.
Posts: 8,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.DesJardin View Post
Pics?, show us the unit.
It arrived on a trailer and when we looked at the shop space the conclusion was to leave it on the trailer, for now.
Need to decide on the lift first which is the reverse of what I was thinking.

I didn't take no pix, I'd have had to go find a picture taker device and those just aren't convenient &or are full of dead batteryz.
The looks like a hoist, is made of 8" I-Beam, 12+Ft tall, Base 10Ft by 6.5-Ft.
It is painted yellow

E
__________________
WTF

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-24-2018, 01:13 PM
R.DesJardin's Avatar
R.DesJardin R.DesJardin is offline
Designer & Builder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
It arrived on a trailer and when we looked at the shop space the conclusion was to leave it on the trailer, for now.
Need to decide on the lift first which is the reverse of what I was thinking.

I didn't take no pix, I'd have had to go find a picture taker device and those just aren't convenient &or are full of dead batteryz.
The looks like a hoist, is made of 8" I-Beam, 12+Ft tall, Base 10Ft by 6.5-Ft.
It is painted yellow

E
Sure, sure, hmmm, yes I see that now....
__________________
Need, Design, Build, Use, repeat........
http://www.radesignsproducts.com/
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-24-2018, 02:24 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 910-Miles from the armpit of the west.
Posts: 8,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.DesJardin View Post
Sure, sure, hmmm, yes I see that now....
Did you see the two cuts/welds where it was shortened?
__________________
WTF

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-24-2018, 03:21 PM
R.DesJardin's Avatar
R.DesJardin R.DesJardin is offline
Designer & Builder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Did you see the two cuts/welds where it was shortened?
that sucks. So was that dimension hidden in the fine print????
__________________
Need, Design, Build, Use, repeat........
http://www.radesignsproducts.com/
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-24-2018, 03:32 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 910-Miles from the armpit of the west.
Posts: 8,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.DesJardin View Post
that sucks. So was that dimension hidden in the fine print????
Invisoprint.

The shortening is well done and is loaded in compression and it was welded by a pro welder who is giving up his shop. Open root welds, they don't bother me at all.

E
__________________
WTF

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-01-2018, 12:44 PM
entropy's Avatar
entropy entropy is offline
Master Fabricator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: 910-Miles from the armpit of the west.
Posts: 8,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonaldean View Post
This is very interesting post. Thanks for all sharing the ideas.
I am so emotionally fulfilled that you found some redeeming value in this simple thread!
You have no idea just how much I value your input here on the OFN!
I’d try to elucidate in small words but I doubt that your digital construct is indeed capable of cognizance.

E
__________________
WTF

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-01-2018, 08:06 PM
R.DesJardin's Avatar
R.DesJardin R.DesJardin is offline
Designer & Builder
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
I am so emotionally fulfilled that you found some redeeming value in this simple thread!
You have no idea just how much I value your input here on the OFN!
I’d try to elucidate in small words but I doubt that your digital construct is indeed capable of cognizance.

E
I think you said nice things, but I have a tough time understanding any word of more than 2 syllables.
__________________
Need, Design, Build, Use, repeat........
http://www.radesignsproducts.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
Copyright ©2012-2020, Offroad Fabrication Network